If you have an in-between shape, neither super straight or curvy then here are some tips for you:
- Medium weight fabrics, neither too floppy and clingy or too stiff, are best. A good test is to drape a garment over your arm and see how much shape it holds.
- Avoid long boxy, too straight, jackets, which will make you look bigger than you are - look for semi fitted styles which gently hug the body, emphasising your shape without being too tight.
- Avoid flared or full skirts in clingy materials - choose straight or slightly A line shapes in medium weave materials.
- If you are slim, you can wear belted coats or dresses if the belt isn't too wide, otherwise just go for semi-fitted coats and dresses.
- For bags, avoid too stiff and angular styles but go for bags either in a soft material with a structured shape or a stiffer material with a slouchier shape.
- You need to avoid extremes in anything.
Below are some examples of clothing and accessories suitable for a semi-straight body shape.