Well, it's been a while since I last blogged but here is a post about transitioning our wardrobes from Summer to Autumn. This year we've had a good September with some warm days recently. However, the mornings and evenings are feeling decidedly 'autumnal' now with a definite nip in the air and darker! In fact we are now into October so it really is time to look at your Autumn/Winter wardrobe and pack away (if you can) your really summery clothes. Here are my suggestions for transitioning into Autumn:
1. Unless you are going away on a holiday to a warm climate soon, pack away really obvious summer clothes and accessories such as sleeveless tops, shorts, straw bags, flip flops and light strappy sandals.
2. If you want to continue wearing white jeans into October/November that's fine. However, the UK climate is very wet and mud splashes on white jeans is not a good look, even if you wear boots with the jeans. Personally I feel too summery after mid-September in white trousers so I usually pack mine away then. White tops, blouses and tee shirts are fine to still wear into the Autumn. They can be layered under a cardigan or jumper if the weather is cool.
3. If the weather gets into the 20s at this time of year (which it has been known to) then layers are the order of the day, which can be shed when the day warms up. Also, instead of strappy summer sandals you could wear ballet flats or loafers.
4. Some summer dresses can be worn with black tights or leggings and a cardigan into the Autumn. White or light coloured summer dresses can be packed away.
5. Edit your wardrobe by taking out all of your Autumn/Winter clothes and laying them on the bed. It's a good idea to try them on to make sure you still like them and they fit you properly. Are they the right colour for you? Do you have the right shoes, boots etc to go with them? Do you have tops that match most of your bottoms? Do you still like the item of clothing or accessory? Be ruthless! Those that you no longer want/like can be donated to a charity shop.
6. Make a list of items that you need to fill any gaps in your wardrobe.
7. Go shopping for those items but make sure anything you buy will go with three other things in your wardrobe.